It was announced that children with Leap Cards will be able to travel for free again on all public transport for two weeks during the summer.
This is the fourth year of the ‘Kids Go Free’ promotion that Minister Shane Ross previously described as a 'fantastic initiative'.
Child Leap Card holders (aged between the ages of 4 and 18) can travel free on any Leap Card service for a fortnight from Monday 3rd until Sunday 16th July on Dublin Bus, Luas, DART as well as some Commuter Rail and Bus Éireann services.
The free travel will automatically apply when using a Child Leap Card
Anne Graham, CEO of the National Transport Authority, said: “Over the summer, we hope as many families as possible go to town to experience all that our fantastic cities have to offer during the holiday season.
This promotion doesn’t just apply to Dublin – the historic cities of Cork, Galway, Limerick and Waterford are also included in the fortnight’s free travel for children with Leap Cards.
- All Dublin Bus scheduled services (excluding Airlink)
- All Luas services
- All DART services
- All Commuter Rail services in Dublin’s “Short Hop Zone” and on the Cork to Cobh/Midleton train lines
- Ashbourne Connect
- Bus Éireann services where Leap Card Validators are available.
- Bus Éireann Services in Cork city, Limerick city, Galway city, and Waterford city and Bus Éireann services in Dublin and surrounding counties (Excluding Expressway).
Simply use your Child Leap Card as normal and you won’t be charged. Any Child Leap Card (4-15 or 16-18) can be used to get free travel from Monday 3rd until Sunday 16th July (inclusive) provided it has at least 1 cent Travel Credit. We also have a limited stock of free Child Leap Cards for 4-15-year-olds available at the following locations:
- Dublin Bus Head Office, 59 O’Connell Street Upper, Dublin 1
- Connolly, Heuston and Pearse Train Stations
- Bus Station, Parnell Place, Cork
- Bus Station, Ceannt Station, Eyre Square, Galway
- Bus Station, Parnell St, Limerick
- Bus Station, The Quay, Waterford
Click HERE for more information.