Disney already released their full schedule of movies in development last year but have now added details on live action movies in the pipeline
There are two fairy tales ready for release, Alice Through the Looking Glass next month and Beauty and the Beast with Ewan McGregor and Emma Watson next March.
But Disney have just announced that there are several other classic stories that we get to look forward to provided they make it to the big screen:
- Cruella with Emma Stone set for the title role and Kelly Marcel writing
- Dumbo with director Tim Burton and writer Ehren Kruger
- A sequel to Mary Poppins with director Rob Marshall, starring Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Maleficent 2 with Angelia Jolie set to return in the title role and Linda Woolverton writing
- The Jungle Book 2 with both director Jon Favreau and writer Justin Marks returning
- A Tinker Bell project with Reese Witherspoon set to star and Victoria Strouse writing
Here are some of our favourites already scheduled for release:
- Finding Dory: The sequel to Nemo, which follows Dory, Nemo and Marlin as she embarks on a journey to find answers from her past.
- Pete's Dragon: The adventures of an orphaned boy named Pete and his best friend Elliott, who just so happens to be a dragon.
- Moana: The animation follows a Polynesian princess on a quest to find a fabled island, accompanied by a pot bellied pig. Released November 23, 2016.
- Gigantic: Inspired by classic story Jack and the Beanstalk, the movie will follow Jack, who stumbles upon giants in the sky and befriends a 60 ft, 11-year-old girl named Imma. Release date March 9, 2018
- Toy Story 4: And we thought it ended so well. The story will be a love story between Woody and Bo Beep, and thought to be released June 15, 2018.
- The Incredibles: A sequel is in development with a release date set for 2019
- The BFG: Steven Spielberg will adapt Roald Dahl's classic The BFG, released July 1, 2016