A survey from parenting site MummyPages.ie shows that parents can spend a staggering €5,460 on parties before their child makes it to secondary school.
Some details from the survey:
- The average parent spends six weeks planning a party
- The average number of children invited to a party is now 20
- 8 out of 10 parents feel under pressure to ensure their party is as good as their child's peers
- 7 out of 10 parents book an outside venue
- The average cost of booking a party venue is €344
- 3 out of 10 host the party at home.
- The average spend on a party at home is now €387
- Children get invited to 12 parties per year with spend on presents avergaing €180 per year
- Nearly 25% of mums re-gift their child's presents
- Party bags are a regular feature of birthday parties. 93% of Mums say "Don't forget them!
The survey shows that it is cheaper to book a party venue that host a party at home.