Fáilte Ireland has published their annual list of Ireland’s top visitor attractions with most attractions registering an increase in 2016.
The most popular fee-paying attraction remains the Guinness Storehouse which experienced a 10% jump in visitors last year, welcoming 1.6m visitors through their gates.
The Cliffs of Moher, Dublin Zoo, National Aquatic Centre and the Book of Kells complete the Top 5.
Amongst Irelands ‘free to enter’ attractions, the National Gallery of Ireland continues to lead the way with numbers up 5% to over 755,000.
The National Gallery of Ireland, Irish Museum of Modern Art, National Botanic Gardens, Doneraile Wildlife Park and the National Museum of Ireland complete the Top 5, with Cityscape Hop on Hop Off tours calling to these attractions.
“Attractions are one of the key reasons why many overseas visitors choose Ireland as a destination", commented Paul Kelly, CEO of Fáilte Ireland.
"They create the variety of experiences that make for an enjoyable holiday and are the basis of visitor memories and moments to share that are critical to the growth of tourism in Ireland", he added.
TOP 20 FEE-PAYING VISITOR ATTRACTIONS
- Guinness Storehouse, Dublin - 1,647,408
- Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience, Clare - 1,427,166
- Dublin Zoo - 1,143,908
- National Aquatic Centre, Dublin - 1,037,992
- Book of Kells, Dublin - 890,781
- Tayto Park, Meath - 762,000
- St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin - 563,000
- Castletown House & Parklands, Kildare - 547,324
- Powerscourt House & Gardens, Wicklow - 467,507
- Fota Wildlife Park, Cork - 465,281
- Kylemore Abbey & Garden, Galway - 458,000
- Blarney Castle, Cork - 420,000
- Kilmainham Gaol, Dublin - 390,970
- Kilkenny Castle Kilkenny, - 384,918
- Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, Clare - 352,286
- Rock of Cashel Tipperary - 338,830
- Emo Court House & Gardens, Laois - 293,056
- Old Jameson Distillery, Dublin - 269,000
- Dublin Castle, Dublin - 253,786
- Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin - 229,085
TOP 20 FREE VISITOR ATTRACTIONS
The National Gallery of Ireland, Dublin - 755,577
Irish Museum of Modern Art, Dublin - 584,856
National Botanic Gardens, Dublin - 583,539
Doneraile Wildlife Park, Cork - 480,000
National Museum of Ireland, Kildare St, Dublin - 479,261
Science Gallery at Trinity College Dublin - 413,900
National Museum, Collins Barracks, Dublin - 411,391
Farmleigh, Dublin - 383,335
Newbridge Silverware Museum, Kildare - 350,000
National Museum - Natural History, Dublin - 317,269
Galway City Museum, Galway - 213,390
Connemara National Park, Galway - 210,812
The Hugh Lane Gallery, Dublin - 193,229
Crawford Art Gallery, Cork - 178,302
Sliabh Liag Cliffs, Donegal - 177,333
Malin Head Viewing Point, Donegal - 162,468
Kilmacurragh Gardens Wicklow - 156,045
National Museum of Country Life, Mayo - 107,855
Grianan of Aileach, Donegal - 104,398
Gallery of Photography, Dublin - 80,000