What is Your Days Out?
YDO is a community of people sharing information about fun and interesting things to do that can be enjoyed by children and adults alike.
Information is available on adventure farms, petting zoo, theme parks, playgrounds, birthday party venues, indoor family fun, outdoor adventures and much, much more.
As the content grows the more useful the site becomes.
People can then search the site and find things to do in their current location or plan ahead for a future vacation.
How does YDO work?
YDO is built on the principal of user-generated content (UGC).
What this means is that anyone in the YDO community can upload content to the site; this can be the owner of a business or someone who has visited; an organiser of a local event or a user adding a free playground or local park.
The type of content that can be included in a listing are:
- a description of the attraction
- a photo
- a list of available facilities
- visitor information (prices, opening hours, contact details)
- address with a pinned location in a map
- user reviews and ratings.
Once a listing is published on YDO it can be updated and edited by anyone in the YDO community (this update by anyone feature is called a wiki).
How do I get involved?
Any registered user can add content to the site but must adhere to our Community Standards.
- Create and publish a listing for a permanent activity - Click Here
- Promote a once off or seasonal event - Click Here
- Edit the details of a published listing
- Rate a listing or write a review
How can I control the content about my business?
Some businesses have asked for more control over the content on their page. We have therefore introduced a Premium Partnership listing with the following extra benefits for business owners:
- the wiki for your attraction is turned off meaning only the business owner has full control over the content (description, features, photos and location) on their listing
- you can reply to your user reviews (online or privately)
- you can add unlimited images
- access to a Promotional Panel to push events, activities to visitors to your page
- Premium listings appear higher in our search results
- Removal of 3rd party ads from page
- Premium partners also can opt to participate in our promtional campaigns
How do I become a premium partner?
Just click on this Claim Your Business link, find your business listing and sign-up. You will be automatically be assigned your page which you will be able to access and update from your profile.
Alternatively, you can contact us directly at [email protected] and we can help set everything up.
I have an idea for YDO?
We are always working to improve YDO. Every iteration includes improvements suggested by our community; our users and our business partners.
Please email your ideas and suggestions to us at [email protected].
We would love to hear from you.
Have fun - Ready, Steady, Play!
Contact us [email protected]