This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with the website, www.yourdaysout.com (the “Site”).
The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform you about how we treat your personal information and to explain how your personal information is processed when you use our Site. As a result, you will be able to provide consent to the processing of your personal information in a free and informed way in the sections of the Site in which you are asked to provide personal information. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
This Site is operated by Stroom Limited, a company incorporated and registered in Ireland with company number 545435 with its registered office at Suite 5161, Unit 1, 77 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2. (“Stroom”, "we", “us” or “our”). Please use the contact information provided at the end of this statement if you have any queries regarding this statement and your personal information we may hold.
We fully respect your right to privacy and will not collect personal information about you on this Site without your express consent. Our Privacy Statement has been designed with you in mind. How this applies to you will depend on the way in which you use YourDaysOut.
For example, if you:
- join our site to follow your favourite pages or buy tickets, we need to retain your details so you can sign in again and also so you can choose how to receive notifications about events or promotions from any pages you choose to follow
- opt-in to our newsletter or service emails
- buy a ticket on the site or register for a free event, the information you provide enables only the Organiser to fulfil their obligations to you in delivering that service, and, where permitted, keep you up to date about their other events or promotions
Your choices and rights under each scenario are explained in more detail below.
The terms governing the general use of our Site are set out in our User Agreement. By using this Site you are deemed to fully accept this Privacy Statement, our Cookies Policy, our User Agreement, our Ticket Policy and our Community Standards.
Cookies and use of technical information
Information we may collect from you
We collect and store different types of information about you when you create an account, buy tickets, contact us, and use our websites and social media.
Information you provide us by filling in forms on our Site. This includes the information you give us when creating a user account; the information you input when completing feedback and contact forms. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our Site.
You are required to provide us with your full name, valid email address and a password when creating a user account on the Site. You have the option of providing us additional information on registration, such as the town you live in. This option is given so we may better tailor our communications with you.
If you upload an image or avatar to your profile, this may personally identify you or others.
If you publish any reviews or other material on the Site it may identify you or others.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access. We may record the ads you see and the number of times you view them.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not personally identify you.
We sometimes host promotions and competitions. We may collect personal data but this will alsways be explained in the relevant promotional or competition rules.
If you FOLLOW a page on YourDaysOut, the page Organiser will see your public name and profile image or avatar. The page Organiser can contact you by way of Private Message using the YourDaysOut platfrom. The Organiser does not have access to personal data and can only use the platfrom to contact a person following their page by way of Private Message.
The purpose of selecting FOLLOW on a page is to receive notifications from the page Organiser about their events or promotions. These notifications are by way of web alerts when you are signed into the site, published on your personal NEWSFEED or by email. You can change the email setting by unchecking the field in your NEWSFEED or by updating your settings in your personal profile.
When you buy a ticket or register for a free event, the Organiser will ask for relevant details that will enable them to fulfil their obligations to you. This ‘Guest List’ may include information about children that you are the guardian of. For example, if you are registering a child in a summer camp, the organiser may need to know any dietary requirements. The ‘Guest List’ is accessible ONLY by the Organiser, who, as per our Ticket Policy is the Data Controller of this information. The information provided is relevant only to the running of the event and for a period after in relation to customer service, refunds etc. As such, the ‘Guest List’, and any associated personal data, is automatically hard deleted from our servers 90 days after the event or ticket expires.
When you use a social media feature within our website or apps, and you post to social media platforms, the social media site will provide us with some information about you.
In the instances where an Organiser needs to collect personal information about children, this can only be provided by a parent/guardian and is only ever collected for the purposes specified when it is collected e.g. to provide details on children attending a camp. As above, this information is hard deleted from our servers 90 days after the event to ticket expires.
Any payments made on the site are processed via Stripe and, neither YourDaysOut or the Organiser, has access to or can retain, any payment data, including card details or billing address.
If you access or login to the Site through a social media service or connect our services to a social media service, we may receive your user ID and/or username associated with that social media service, any information or content you have permitted the social media service to share with us, such as your profile picture, email address or friends lists, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service. When you access or login to the Site through a social media service or connect our services to a social media service, you are authorising and do hereby authorise Stroom to collect, store, and use such information and content in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How we use your information
We collect and use your information for lots of reasons such as helping you find fun things to do, let you hear about your favourite pages’ events and promotions, sharing news, for marketing and as otherwise required by law.
We use your information when you enter into a contract with an Organiser when buying a ticket, so we can:
- process your order
- the Organiser can manage the Guest List
- provide you with customer support.
However, any information provided when purchasing a ticket is provided only to the Organiser and not to YourDaysOut. The Organiser is the Data Controller as per our Ticket Policy and can access this personal information in their Guest List only to fulfil their obligation to you. All Guest List data is hard deleted from our servers 90 days after the event or ticket has expired.
All personally identifiable data contained within an Organiser’s Guest List is encrypted and YourDaysOut can search & delete any data only if provided with an associated email address.
If you volunteer your details specifically to YourDayOut, by creating an account for example, then we are the Data Controller as per this Privacy Statement and we may use the details you have given us, together with details of how you use the Site as follows:
- to allow you access to certain features of the Site and your user account with us if you have registered one;
- to maintain and manage your user account;
- to respond to your queries and requests, and to communicate with you;
- to manage and improve our services and the Site;
- to notify you of changes to our services, the Site, our Privacy Statement and/or any of our other published notices and terms and conditions;
- if you have consented, to provide you with newsletters and/or promotional materials as set out in this Privacy Statement;
- if applicable, to facilitate your participation in surveys you may wish to partake, or in a promotion, contest, survey or poll;
- to target advertisements to make the Site more personal and useful to you;
- to target personalised and customised content to make the Site more personal and useful to you;
- to understand statistical data about user browsing actions and patterns, which does not personally identify you; and
- to communicate with you about new products, services, offerings or other information we reasonably believe may be useful to you.
- for our marketing purposes, unless your consent is required for such marketing
- to send you customer service emails including booking confirmations and event reminders.
- to prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. For example, making sure tickets are bought by real people. As such, we may use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of our intellectual property (e.g. the Organisers’ brands), fraud, or other crimes.
- to ensure the security of our and our Organisers’ operations.
- to contact you with information or offers regarding upcoming events, news and information– this is mostly via email but may include push and web notifications, SMS, or social media platforms. You can change your marketing preferences at any time
- to deliver tailored advertising and marketing communications on our websites and apps
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal data with third parties, as approved by you and/or as described in this Privacy Statement.
We may consider it necessary to disclose personal information without your consent or without consulting you, when we believe that it is appropriate to comply with our legal obligations and/or a Court Order, to cooperate with any law enforcement agencies, to enforce this Privacy Statement or our User Agreement or other legal rights, to protect the security of the Site, to protect the security and safety of others, to prevent fraud, or otherwise to protect our legitimate interests and/or the legitimate interests of other users. We may also transfer your personal data on the sale, transfer or reorganisation of our business. Your personal data may be disclosed to service providers and/or third-party contractors who we work with and/or engage to help us operate our business and/or the Site.
Your personal data may be shared with licensors of the Site, such as when you access or login to the Site through a social media service or connect our services to a social media service. This Privacy Statement does not cover the data protection and privacy policies or practices of third parties. If you provide a third party any personal data, Stroom is not responsible for correcting, updating or removing any of your personal data contained in any third-party’s lists or databases.
Any information that you share and make publicly available on the Site may be made available to all users and third parties who access the Site. If you post any reviews, photographs or other material on the Site it may identify you or third parties, and this may be available to other users and visitors of the Site. By posting reviews, photographs or other material on the Site you confirm you have received all relevant persons’ prior consent to post their personal information on the Site. Stroom is not responsible for any information that you share, and your use of the Site constitutes your acceptance of any risk involved in your disclosure of such information.
When you buy a ticket or register for an event, you are providing personal information only to the Organiser, not to YourDaysOut. This data must be relevant to the event or activity and will only used to manage the Guest List to fulfil their obligations to you. The Guest List and any personal data is automatically hard deleted from our servers 90 days after the event or ticket expires.
When you buy a ticket or register for a free event you must accept the Terms & Conditions of YourDaysOut and the Terms & Conditions of the Organiser. However, you will be given the option to subscribe to receiving marketing from the Organsier. If you opt-in, your have agreed to be included in their marketing list. You have not opted-in to receive marketing from YourDaysOut
Our third-party service providers (sometimes known as data processors) such as cloud computing providers and developers who provide the IT infrastructure on which our products and systems are built.
Information that cannot be used to reasonably identify an individual (“Anonymous Information”) may be used in aggregate form, combined with other users’ Anonymous Information, and shared with third parties.
By using the Site, you acknowledge and agree that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any message or information you send using the Site may be read, intercepted or shared by others.
Your Choices & Rights
Among other rights, you can choose whether to receive marketing from us. You also have the right to access the information we have about you.
Where you have given us your consent, you can withdraw it by doing the following:
- To stop receiving our Marketing Newsletter you can change your preferences in your Settings within your Personal Profile, follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of the emails we send you or contact us and we will do it for you.
- To stop receiving our Service Emails you can change your preferences in your Settings within your Personal Profile, follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of the emails we send you or contact us and we will do it for you.
- To stop receiving email notifications from pages you chose to FOLLOW, you can change your preferences in your Settings within your Personal Profile, follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of the emails we send you or UNFOLLOW the page
- To stop receiving notifications alerts from pages you chose to FOLLOW you can select UNFOLLOW on any pages
You also have rights over how your personal information is used including:
- The right to object to our processing of your data.
- The right to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use.
- The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- The right to correct, amend or update information you have given us (where you have an account with us you can also do this by logging in and updating your information).
- The right to contest any automated decision we make about you. An automated decision is a decision taken without any human intervention which has legal consequences (e.g. credit checking). We don’t carry out automated decision making but, if we do, we will make it clear where such decisions are being made.
To exercise any of the above rights please complete this form. Please note that whilst we will carefully assess every request we receive we may not always have to comply. When this happens, we will explain why.
Looking After Your Information
We’re always taking steps to make sure your information is protected and to delete it securely when we no longer need it. We have security measures in place to protect your information. The security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and/or processing. We will take steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information.We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policies.
Delete your Account
We can switch off your account if you are no longer interested in using the website and delete all your data related to that account e.g. reviews, comments, tickets. Contact our Customer Support team to do this - [email protected]
Changes to this Statement
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement at any time to reflect changes in the law, our data processing and privacy practices, the features of our Site, or advances in technology. Please check this page periodically for changes. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the updated Privacy Statement here and notify our registered users by email or by means of a notice. Save for urgent changes (such as those required by law) we will post such a notice on our Site prior to the changes becoming effective. Please review the changes carefully. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will mean you consent to and accept those changes. If you do not consent to such changes you can delete your user account and stop using the Site.
If you have any questions, requests or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement or how we handle your information please contact us.
Email: da[email protected]
Postal Address: YourDaysOut, Stroom Limited, Suite 5161, Unit 1, 77 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2.
This statement was last modified May 2018