Welcome to Mizen Head, Ireland’s most Southwesterly Point
Don’t miss this unforgettable experience.
At the end of the Mizen Peninsula, the cliffs of Mizen Head rise high above the Atlantic Ocean, where the currents meet from the west and south coasts and waves from the mid-Atlantic crash into the land.
- Dare to cross the iconic Bridge high above the gorge; watch for seals and their pups in the swell below.
- Experience the solitude of the keepers’ lives and the elemental power of the restless Atlantic where the ocean currents swirl.
- Laugh with exhilaration into the fresh salt-laden sea air. Be inspired by the majesty (pull) of the endless seascape and the breath-taking views.
- Scan the ocean for whales and dolphins. In wind, rain and gale as well as hot summer sun, the Mizen is exciting. In fog and mist, it is mysterious – a journey of discovery for the senses.
- Interpretation and displays demonstrate many different topics, completing your experience. Come and find your Mizen!
In all weather, the Mizen is spellbinding. Expect an exhilarating and satisfying visit.
Please note that access across the Bridge may be restricted during dangerous weather conditions for safety reasons.
A visit will take 1-2 hour or as long as you like.