International Harbour Food Festival, Dun Laoighre
The International Harbour Food Festival on Sunday June 4th and Monday June 5th 2017 on the East Pier will celebrate the Bicentenary of Dún Laoghaire Harbour with Food Stalls representing countries from around the world, an Outdoor Marine Art Exhibition, Historic Street Theatre performances, Bands on the Bandstand and Strolling Entertainers.
Food Stalls representing Greece, France, Brazil, USA, Hungary, China, Czech Republic, Nigeria among others will feature everything from Falafel to Langos, Doughnuts to Dumplings and BBQ to Popcorn.
A specially commissioned Historic Street Theatre performance "The Building of a Pier" will tell the story of how the Harbour came to be built, in a fun family-friendly show. Discover the part two ships The Prince of Wales and The Rochdale played in the Harbour's development and who Richard Toutcher was.
The event will feature a Marine Art Exhibition, which will take place between 10am to 6pm from Saturday June 3rd to Monday June 5th.
Music will come from Upbeat Generation, the Lindsay Ryan Jazz Band and The Retronauts throughout the afternoon on both days of the event.
The International Harbour Food Festival will be a great way to visit Dún Laoghaire over the June Bank Holiday weekend and join the bicentenary celebrations for the Harbour.
Run of events is as follows on both days:
- 10:00: Marine Art Exhibition Opens East Pier
- 11:00: Food Festival Opens East Pier
- 14:00: Street Entertainment East Pier
- 14:15: Street Theatre – Historical Reenactment
- 14:30: Music at the East Pier Bandstand
- 15:30: Street Theatre – Historical Reenactment
- 15:45: Music at the East Pier Bandstand
- 17:00: Music at the East Pier Bandstand
- 17:45: Street Theatre – Historical Reenactment
- 18:00: All Activities Finish