The Rediscovery Centre
The Rediscovery Centre is a creative place, connecting people, ideas and resources.
The Rediscovery Centre brings together the skills and expertise of scientists, designers, business managers and craftsmen united in a common purpose of sustainability through resource efficiency and life cycle design.
Our mission is to divert waste from landfill, provide community employment and training and inspire sustainable living We achieve this by developing social enterprises which use waste and unwanted materials as a resource and raw material for new product design.
Our operational processes and programmes provide workplace skills training and development for unemployed people, graduates and the community. Our public training courses, demonstrations and educational activities highlight the benefits of effective resource management and encourage everyone to REDISCOVER the value of waste.
- Rediscover Fashion (100% recycled fashion label & alteration service)
- Rediscover Furniture (furniture restoration & redesign)
- Rediscover Paint (paint reuse)
- Rediscover Cycling (bike reuse and repair service)
- Primary & secondary school environmental education workshops
- Third level research and education programmes
- Workshops, training and seminars for corporate clients
- Community and family events
- Upcycling & sewing courses