Slieve Bloom May Walking Festival
24th Slieve Bloom Annual Walking Festival Weekend | May 05th - May 07th 2018
Why not join Ireland's longest running walking festival - the Slieve Bloom Walking Festival, with a great choice of walks over 3 days on the May Bank Holiday Weekend. 3 days of great walks, in the outdoors and fun gatherings in a local pub afterwards.
Choose from pleasant and easy woodland walks to more challenging hikes through wilderness areas in the beautiful Slieve Bloom Mountains.
Choice of walks on
Saturday, 05th May, Festival Registration from 10:15 am in Kinnitty Community Centre, Co Offaly.
- Grade A, Glenafelly/Cumber Hill 13k 4-5 hrs. Walk led by John Scully.
- Grade B, Carrolls Hill 10k 4-5 hrs. Walk led by Richard Jack
- Grade C, Glinsk Castle Walk 6k 2-3 hrs. Walk led by Chris Byrne
There will be an after-walk BBQ in the Slieve Bloom Bar, Kinnitty from 4.30pm and music afterwards from 10.00pm.
Sunday, 06th May, Festival Registration at Community Centre Clonaslee, Co Laois at 10:15am.
- Grade A, Two Rivers 10k 4 hrs. Walk led by Martin Broughan.
- Grade B, Glenbarrow 10k 4 hrs. Walk led by Sonja Cadogan.
- Grade C, Brittas Lake 6k 2-3 hrs. Walk led by Gerry Hanlon.
After walk refreshments will be available in Fallons Bar, Clonaslee.
Monday, 07th May, Walk registration at Kinnitty Community Centre at 11.00am
- Grade B, Clashroe Beagh 10k 4 hrs. Walk led by Frank Bergin.
€20 walking registration for the weekend, daily walks €8