Solstice at the Henge
Solstice at the Henge will be a fun and educational family day presenting a variety of activities celebrating heritage, farming, food, health and the environment to inform, inspire and invigorate people of all ages.
Explore the extraordinary Lands at Dowth and its huge Henge whose entrances are aligned with the dawn of the summer solstice – all of this magical land is within the Brú na Bóinne World Heritage Site.
- Come and hear the ancient tale of the Banquet of Dun na nGedh.
- See how Neolithic farmers from 5500 years ago prepared and cooked their food.
- Learn how to dig like an archaeologist.
- Find out about the links between farming, food, health and the environment.
- Taste amazing food from the award-winning artisan food producers of the Boyne Valley.
- Relax and enjoy music in the Henge in the evening.
- Feel free to bring a picnic and rugs.