Athlone will be buzzing this St Patrick’s Day with music, song, Irish dancing; a true celebration of all things Irish on March 17th.
The parade will begin at 2.30pm at the Shamrock Lodge Hotel, go down Connaught Street, O’Connell Street, Main Street, over the Bridge, along Church Street and down St Patricks Terrace finishing at the Diskins Centre.
There will be plenty to see and do around the town too with traditional music at the fireside at Sean’s Bar.
There will be face painters in Athlone Towncentre from 1-5pm to make sure the kids are all set for the parade. For great family fun this St Patrick’s Day, we’ll see you in Athlone
- Buskers Spread across various locations around the town 12pm -2.30pm
- St Marys N.S. Childrens Choir Steps of St Peter & Paul (Location to be confirmed) 1pm - 2pm (Stand Performance 2.30pm)
- 40 watts (Band) Stand 1pm -2pm
- Thunder Action Sport BMX demonstration Civic Square 12pm - 1pm & 3.30pm 5pm
- Conway - Byrne Dance Academy (Irish Dancing) Front entrance to Towncentre 12.30pm - 1pm
- Musicality - Right Start Montessori School Front of Castle 12pm - 2pm
- Weekend Celebrity (Band from Los Angeles) With
- Lead singer Donna McCaul
- Stand 4pm -5.30pm
- Adrian Murphy (Magician) Church Street 12pm-2pm
- Attitude Dance Entrance to Dunnes Stores (Beside Flannery's Pub) 12pm -1pm
- Duck Race Athlone Boat Club 4.30pm
- Athlone Boat Club Display River Shannon 1pm - 2pm
- Face Painting, Balloons and St Patricks Day Art & Craft Athlone Town Centre 1pm - 5pm
- Spankin Brass Band Behind Castle TBC