EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
‘Around the World with Nellie Bly’ Gaming Day
Ever dreamt of travelling the world? As part of National Heritage Week, follow in the footsteps of the many Irish emigrants we feature in EPIC without stepping a toe out of Ireland in this interactive gaming session, where the floor is the boarAug 24, 2019 - Aug 24, 2019More details
Love to write, draw or paint? Prepare to travel the world with your pen as your guide in this fun and expressive introductory printmaking workshop here at EPIC.Sep 7, 2019 - Sep 7, 2019More details
Tiny Tots Tuesday: SENSEable Tots
It back to school and the new term of Tiny Tots Tuesdays is starting too here at EPIC! For a special discounted rate, come along, have a tea or coffee and meet local families while your little ones get to explore, make and do.Sep 10, 2019 - Sep 10, 2019More details
Go beyond the stereotypes at EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
You won’t find leprechauns or pots of gold here, but you’ll discover that what it means to be Irish expands far beyond the borders of Ireland through the stories of Irish emigrants who became scientists, politicians, poets, artists and even outlaws all over the world. At EPIC, which was recently awarded Europe’s Leading Tourist Attraction at the World Travel Awards, discover Ireland from the outside in and find out why saying “I’m Irish” is one of the biggest conversation starters, no matter where you are.
The Irish Family History Centre
EPIC is also offering a state-of-the-art genealogy centre which is operated by Eneclann, Ireland’s leading genealogical services provider, in conjunction with international partners.
In addition to extensive, easy-to-use research facilities, the genealogy centre also offers the latest DNA testing that will enable visitors to learn about their Irish roots.
The Irish Family History Centre allows visitors to:
- Sit with a genealogy expert for a 15-minute consultation
- Use interactive display screens to engage and uncover more about your Irish roots
- Observe Ireland’s Emigration and Migration
- Play our fun quiz to test your knowledge on Ireland
- Take a seat at one of our workstations where you can sign up to the Irish Family History Centre website and join our online community
- Access records on FindMyPast.ie where you will be able to search through the largest number of Irish family history records such as: Birth, Marriage and Death records; Census records; Parish records; travel and migration records
All visitors to the Irish Family History Centre will receive a complimentary pack when they leave, which will include:
- Information relating to different websites and places that will help you with your research around Dublin
- 1 month’s FREE world subscription to FindMyPast.ie
- 1 month’s FREE subscription to IrishFamilyHistoryCentre.com
You can also enjoy shopping in the retail area where you will find:
- Books on surnames and other genealogy related topics
- Family Tree DNA Kits
- A Selection of souvenirs for you to treasure
After visiting The Irish Family History Centre, we hope you will have learnt something new about your Irish Ancestors and did so in a new and engaging way.
The Irish Family History Centre is open 7 days a week from 09:00 – 17:00.
- Single Ticket – €12.50 (Entrance into the Irish Family History Centre only)
- Combination Ticket – €25 (Includes entry to EPIC and the Irish Family History Centre)